If you enjoy adding a smile to someone who needs a helping hand, please join our team.
Qualified candidates with current CNA/HCA or years of life experience are encouraged to apply.
Requirements for this position include:
- Desired current CNA/HCA license or willingness to learn!
- Experience as a caregiver or life experience in a care giving role
- Demonstrate compassion for the elderly and people with disabilities
- Possess strong English speaking/writing skills and communicate clearly with the client and office
- The ability to read and follow directions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Reliable vehicle for transportation (transport client)
- Must have working/reliable cell phone and email
- Demonstrate common sense with the ability to recognize changes in the client’s behavior and physical abilities.
- Pass criminal background check
Family Resource Health Care (formerly Companion Care, Inc.) has different types of shifts depending on the needs of the client. Some clients may need longer hourly shifts or overnights. In some cases, a client may require 24 hour shifts which can be filled with a live-in. We want to know the type shifts you most prefer. A description of each follows along with a link to current job openings.
Hourly shifts can vary from a few hours a day to 12 hour shifts. Some shifts can include working on the weekend. Shifts on the weekend are paid at a higher rate.
Overnight shift is defined by a block of 8 hours where the caregiver is available to assist the client throughout the night. These shifts usually include an additional hour or two to assist the client to bed and/or to get them up in the morning. Overnight shifts as defined allow the companion to be able to work or care for family during the day.
Live In positions – Are defined by 1-3 consecutive days where the caregiver lives with the client and assist them with their day to day activities. The caregiver is allowed 8 hours of downtime during their shift when they are not providing direct care. In addition to hands on care, the caregiver will do normal household task during their day including preparing meals. Client must share their meals with the caregiver. The client shall also provide the caregiver with their own room for sleeping.