Your elderly family member’s needs change – choose care service
As your elderly loved ones have grown older, so caregivers can see their needs change and develop. It’s important that caregiver services have the flexibility to change with these needs so that seniors retain their independence and quality of life. Some common changes include:
- The inability to do as much work around the house and garden, from doing the laundry and cleaning to mowing the grass and trimming the shrubbery.
- Worsening reflexes while driving – often associated with failing eyesight as well. Many elderly people are also more hesitant to drive after experiencing a motor vehicle accident, even if it is a minor one.
- Increased forgetfulness that may affect their ability to take medication reliably (either forgetting it entirely or mistakenly doubling a dose), keep appointments and so forth.
- Less confidence about going about their daily lives and keeping up a social circle. This can easily affect seniors who have or have had an illness, a fall or developed a physical handicap who feel unsure of their physical strength.
- The development of age-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s or dementia that result in increasing confusion and reduced independence.
- The development of depression, due to any number of reasons including the death of a spouse, illness, lack of confidence, lack of companionship and so forth.
While you and your elderly loved one may have first signed up for minor caregiver services to handle small day-to-day tasks, as time passes you may require more help. By partnering with a leading provider of elder care, you will be able to adjust your services to continue to meet your loved one’s needs while staying with a constant, reliable provider you can trust.
Essential services available from caregivers to the elderly in Lynnwood `
At Companion Care, we strive to meet all the needs of the elderly and their loved ones by offering a wide range of services that can be tailored to your needs and adjusted with minimal notice as these needs change. From preparing meals and providing companionship to 24 hour nursing and end of life care, we treat every client with the same consistently high quality service, friendliness, compassion and professionalism. In addition, we also offer respite care services to assist primary caregivers and are fully qualified to assist elderly Alzheimer’s and dementia clients.
For more information about our services in Lynnwood, please contact us today.
Next post: What to do if you are a family caregiver overwhelmed with caring
Previous post: Respite care for the elderly in Woodinville